Gideon: God who obeys Chapter 3


 Why would God obey a low esteemed human?


Gideon pushed God further where God was forced to utter His promise: The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.”


However Gideon is adamant, it seems he abused his humbleness in front of the God of the universe, and asks God further: “If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me."


And the next thing Gideon is already ordering God said: "Please do not go away until I come back and bring my offering and set it before you.”


And I love these lines when God said: “I will wait until you return.”


That is a sarcastic WOW for me!!!😯


What again? Gideon ask God to wait for him because Gideon wants to give God some present, some offerings. Probably these are the things he hid from the Midianite pursuers and still have the heart to give what the only left they have. Again, I must say Gideon really had a heart to please God, not by faith but with the only little thing he has, he will offer and God has to wait. If this can also be called a little faith?


Poor lame guy indeed!!! such pathetic you say! But hey enough! God listened and obeyed him. End of story.


From this point, God obeys Gideon. The God of the universe waited just for Gideon. I love to think about it. I wish God would also agree with me if I ask the same thing, to wait for me while I present my gifts.


Obviously, Gideon doesn't have any sense of who God is or even understand when God stated His promises "I will be with you" and God has to wait. If only God could roll his eyes, Gideon may still not have understood it at all. But at least we can feel Gideon will offer anything that's left even if nothing will be left after everything is offered to God.


This is the heart of a giver which God is seeking. God can never be wrong when he chooses Gideon. His faith with Gideon is beyond comprehension for Gideon is not a typical god-fearing or faithful guy. He uses rants and false humility to obtain God's favor and offer all of the little and least he has. Everything is poor with Gideon. The rest of the story makes his story a great finisher of faith. Really? ☺


AC

Next

Comments

Popular Posts